Residential Water Testing
Do you know your water?
We are constantly bombarded by data for our health: Caloric intake, heart rate, cholesterol levels, how many steps you took, you may even know your blood pressure and A1C. But do you know the quality of your water?
Municipal and utility water districts, cities, states and federal agencies are constantly testing the water to provide compliant, clean and safe water to our homes. Municipalities and districts are required by law to present an annual summary of their water quality. They monitor water closely, test the water regularly and report on water quality through their Consumer Confidence Reports.
That’s all we need to know, right? Here’s a fact many people don’t consider: Your water providers are responsible for the water quality up to your property line and meter. You are responsible for the water quality in your homes.
Now, what happens when the water enters your home? It changes. This change can be minimal or drastic depending on the piping, connections, and appliances in your home. This isn’t an issue of the water being hard or soft. This is concerning the actual chemistry of the water now that it’s in your home.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- My water heater was still under warranty…why did it go out?
- Why are my faucets corroding?
- What is causing that stain in my sink?
- Why does my water taste salty or fishy?
- Why does my skin feel extra dry?
- Why is my water blue? Or Green?
- What is that odor in my water?
- Why are all my plants suffering?
Retego is now offering, a testing service designed to provide you a detailed analysis of your water quality after the meter, including the characteristics of water from softeners. We have services available in the Salt Lake City, Utah area, Greater Denver, Colorado, CollegeStation, San Antonio and Austin, Texas regions. If you are interested in this service outside of these areas please give us a call, we are ready to expand!
We don’t test for hardness or softness alone.We find out how the water environment in your home has affected the water coming into it. If there’s a problem, we show you how to fix it.
We test for the following:
- Halide (as Chloride)
- Active Chlorine
- Total Chlorine
- TDS (click here for a short primer on pH andTDS)
- Cation / Anion Balance
- Chloride / Sulfate Mass Balance (CSMR)
- Langelier Saturation Index (LSI)
- Puckorius Scaling Index (PSI)
- Ryzner Stability Index (RSI)
- Sodium Adsorption Ratio (SAR)
- Dissolved Inorganic Carbon (DIC)
- Aggressive Index (AI)
- Hardness - Grains per Gallon (GPG)
- Copper, Lead, and Iron
With complete and accurate information now in hand, you will have the knowledge to address your home or businesses concerns on water related problems. You can know what’s in your water, and what you can do to fix it.
You can know your water.